Mother In Law's Tongue

Sansevierias

I would like to know the maximum age to which the Sansevierias can live up to. I understand that there is a plant in east Asia whose life is unknown/indefinite, running to centuries and passed on to generations as gifts. Can you tell me the name of that plant?

Common names for this plant include: mother-in-law's tongue, devil's tongue, and snake plant. It is one of the most popular houseplants and has a long history filled with folklore, especially in Asian cultures--where the plant is symbolic of the virtues from the Eight Gods (longevity, prosperity, intelligence, beauty, art, poetry, health, strength). As for its lifespan, it is said to have a long one, though typically this varies anywhere from 20-30 years on average. However, some people have been fortunate enough to acquire "hand-me-downs" of the plant from their grandparents--some as old as 80 plus years.

00
Here are more questions about Mother In Law's Tongue