Open2

Sanitation

Dawnmichele53@gmail.com added on September 8, 2017 | Answered

Im going to be bringing my house plants in from outside soon. Besides the usual visual inspections and cleaning off of the leaves and pots how can I prevent insects from coming in on my plants that might be in the soil.? Would you recommend some kind of soil drench and if so what insecticide would you use that would be safe for the plants prophylactically. By the way I have been using insecticidal soap with apple cider vinegar for fungus gnats in the soil which I have noticed. Thank you for your help anxious to hear back.

I recommend having garlic oil, neem oil, lavender oil, or rosemary oil handy. These are all wonderful methods for removing insects, or even preventing them from being there in the first place. Here is a link that will also help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/hpgen/common-bugs-and-pests-on-houseplants.htm

00
Here are more questions about Open2