Sago Palm Trees

Sago Palm Rescue

I was driving home tonight and spotted a sago by the road, put out with someone's trash. The fronds are about 40-50% green with the rest tan. It is in a planter that has glued pebbles on the top, pulled away from the bulb, and the pot is cracked. I want to repot it and try to save it. What do you suggest I do? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Those are tough ones to save, due to the fact that they are glued in. There is nothing that will dissolve the glue well that won't hurt the plant. You can try to scrape or file away some of it, but you would be best leaving some of it there. Just remove what you can without damaging the plant. It is ok if some remains.

After that, you can just repot as normal. You can remove any part of the fronds that are yellow or brown, as these are dead and will not come back.

00
Here are more questions about Sago Palm Trees