Sago Palm Trees

Sago Palm Male Cone

I have had a Sago palm in my front yard for about five years and this is the first time I have seen the male cone. I have a second Sago that has not shown any type of cone growth in the center. I do not need this male cone to fertilize a female cone, as I do not have one. I read that I can cut off the cone if I want. If I do so, will I ever get new leaves or will it keep growing male cones year after year? Thanks so much.

If you don't plan to use your male cone for pollination, then it can be removed, even when it's first starting to grow, without any ill effects to your sago palm. Usually they will not grow new leaves until the fall or following spring and should not produce additional cones this year.

00
Here are more questions about Sago Palm Trees