Q.

Rubber plant

Zone tracy california | marthaC added on April 24, 2018 | Answered

So, I got my rubber tree plant from a nursery and it looked a bit damaged (it had scars on the leaves if that makes sense). I didn't care so I decided to take care of it. I sprayed it once with fungicide and pesticide, all good. 1 month later... I watered it 2 days ago, it leaked the water out as normal but since then and that's when I noticed it's been dropping the little leaves. So I looked at them to see if it could be bugs and honestly I didn't see anything but there is a new little leave that has a 'burnt' 'bitten' part so I am worried. Thanks

A.
A.Answers to this queston: Add Answer
BushDoctor
Certified GKH Gardening Expert
Answered on April 24, 2018

This is a pH problem, it would seem. There also seems to be a fungal infection setting in. I would apply dolomitic lime, and replace 1/4 of your water with peroxide the next time you water. These will want the soil to dry out in the top two inches. Let this dry a little between watering, and this will prevent future infections.

This article will give you more information on the care of these: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/rubber-tree/how-to-care-for-a-rubber-tree-plant.htm

00
Was this answer useful?

Log in or sign up to help answer this question.
Did you find this helpful? Share it with your friends!

You must be logged into your account to answer a question.

If you don't have an account sign up for an account now.

Join Us - Sign up to get all the latest gardening tips!

Do you know a lot about gardening?
Become a GKH Gardening Expert

Learn More