Can I take a cutting from my rose bush and replant it? If so, how do I go about it?

Yes. There are several ways you could do this, depending on the type of rose you have. Although there are many ‘guidelines’ for rooting plants, this is not to say you always have to go by the book. I once took a rose cutting (during late summer), placed it in the ground (no rooting hormone), and put a jar over top of it to keep it protected throughout winter (watering it often). By spring, my cutting had already rooted and I now have about a 10-inch plant with new branches coming out. Keep in mind, however, this doesn’t work for everyone—point being it’s ok to experiment until you find what works for you.

Here's an article that should help you: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/roses/roses-from-cuttings.htm

00