Herb Problems

Rosemary and Thyme Plants

Both my Rosemary and Thyme plants have started turning brown. Is this because of too much rain, as I had them on my deck for 2 days and it rained both days? Plants are still in pots that I bought them in. Does this mean my plants have died or is there something I can do to revive the plants so I can use them in my kitchen?

It could be from too much water, but that would only be if there were no drainage holes in the pots that they came in. If they have been in standing water, that could have killed the roots. More typically though, it is from too little water. Most of the time, when you buy plants, they are root bound or near root bound in their nursery pots. They can suck the water out of the soil available to them very quickly. You need to move them into a bigger pot as soon as possible and make sure to water them daily while they are outdoors.

00
Here are more questions about Herb Problems