Rose of Sharon Shrub

uncleblister added on April 13, 2018 | Answered

I moved from southwest Michigan to the Phoenix Arizona area. In Michigan, the Rose of Sharon bushes grew, selfseeded, and attracted hummingbirds. Will this plant grow in Arizona? Do nurseries here carry it? Or will I have to have someone send me plants or cuttings? Thank you.... Dave PS can you tell me if there are many varieties? The ones I had had white flowers with red wine color inside them.

That is actually one of the more interesting specimens. There are very many varieties, and most will do just fine in your area. You are right on the very edge of what they can tolerate, but with a little shade, you can keep this thing looking good. As far as any vendors in that area... You will have to look around. I am unfamiliar with that area. There are many online nurseries that will ship to just about anywhere, though.

This article will give you more information on the care of these: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/shrubs/rose-of-sharon/rose-of-sharon-bush.htm

00