Rose Of Sharon Plants

Rose of Sharon

golf83 added on August 22, 2017 | Answered

This past winter I had two trees that did not make it through the winter. I tried through the Spring to bring them back but know success. I decided to leave them in the ground hoping I would see some signs of buds coming out, nope that didn't either. Then in July I noticed growth coming out from the bottom of the trunk. There is know signs of growth from the tree branches. Can you tell me if my two trees are going to recover or should I start over with new trees. Thanks Anthony

Yes, a Rose of Sharon can grow back from the root stock after it has died down completely.

I would cut down the entire plant this fall and see what spring brings. Add some winter protection with a layer of much around the roots.

I would check with the garden center that you purchased from, they often will replace a plant in the first year!

Here are more questions about Rose Of Sharon Plants