Rose Mites

Praveen added on April 21, 2017 | Answered

Hello, can you please share the name of some pesticide which I can use on my rose mites, they have eaten up all the leaves. Which has left the plant lifeless. I tried neem soap spray but it has failed to cure the problem. Also I am unable to find any pesticide in India, is there a generic, chemical compound I should search for. Regards

Typical insecticides and insecticidal soaps and oils just do not seem to work on mites. Instead, those applications tend to kill the natural enemies of the mites and the mite populations get worse. I use a rotation of two miticides to get rid of them. One is called Avid and the other is called Floramite. They can be costly to buy in their original containers and I do not usually recommend buying them in other ways, however due to the cost, it is great to be able to buy such products on-line from some reputable Ebay sellers. Do a search on Ebay for the products I mentioned and you can buy smaller quantities at a reasonable price. Or you may be able to obtain small amounts of each from a local nursery as well. What you need is a good miticide product. I spray the rosebushes with Avid first, then wait the label listed application time and spray them again with the Floramite. Since they act differently to get rid of the mites, this manner of applications seems to work quite well.

00