Rose Milldew

johnstanco added on July 3, 2017 | Answered

I have 12 Rose bushes in beds in front of my office in So. Cal all have mildew and have sprayed several ties but its completely covering all of them . They are still blooming and growing but they look terrible.. have had them all for 5 years or more. Should I just clean out the beds and begin again with new roses ? New soil or ?

The best Mildew Problems item I have found is called Green Cure. You can purchase it on-line at Planet Natural or at Amazon.com. Mix the white powder product with water at the Cure Rate listed on the label, (two of the scoops in with the product to a gallon of water) and spray it liberally on the rosebushes totally wetting all foliage. Spray the roses again every 5 to 7 days for at least 4 sprayings. Then Spray the rosebushes again every two to three weeks, at the Cure Rate, to keep the mildew under control. Prune up the rosebushes a bit to allow better airflow through and around the rosebushes. The air circulation will help keep the mildew creating conditions at bay.

00