Rose Cuttings

I have a rose bush that is two tone in color. The limbs get really long and the roses are as big as a saucer. I would like to get a cutting and start a bush on the other side of the yard, but everytime I try to start from a cutting , it dies. What am I doing wrong?

Starting a rose from a cutting isn't as easy as it sounds. Some foks seen to have a knack for it. I'm not one of them.
I have better luck with layering. Take one of the long canes and pin it to the ground. Cover the pinned area with soil and keep it well watered. You'll see roots the following year. I usually leave the new rose in its original spot for another six months just to be sure I've got a decent root ball and I move it keeping as much original soil as I can.