Rose Bushes

My rose bushes were cut back pretty short this spring. I have 5 bushes. Three of them have started getting leaves. Two have not. I don't think they're dead as they have green on the branches at the bottom. I'm just concerned and not an experienced rose grower.

Some rosebushes take a little longer to get with the program each year. Where I live we frequently have to prune the rosebushes down to within 2 inches of the ground due to winter dieback. SOme rosebushes do not like to do much until we get consistent 50 degree nights. Once the soils warm up and things get consistent temperature wise they usually get with the program of growing. As long as there is green color there is hope. If it starts turning brown to black, then hope fades and it is time to consider some new rosebushes that you always wanted to grow.

00