Hydrangea Plants

Rooting Variegated Hydrangea

ejose1 added on October 12, 2017 | Answered

Hello, I live in Los Angeles, California. I planted some cuttings in late August covering it with 2-litre plastic soda bottle. Now, new leaves are coming out and I believe the roots are strong. When do I have to remove the plastic cover? It is now fall and I am afraid they may die because of changes in temperature. I have searched the internet and could not find an answer as to when to remove the plastic cover. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Edgar

It is best to remove when the roots have formed. Here is an article that will help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/shrubs/hydrangea/hydrangea-propagation.htm

10
ejose1

Thank you BushDoctor for sending the link. I believe my hydrangeas have rooted well as it has shown new leaves. I planted them about second week of August, technically two months ago.

00
Here are more questions about Hydrangea Plants