Bird Of Paradise Plants

Root Barrier for Giant Bird of Paradise

My neighbor planted a giant Bird of Paradise plant on the property line, which continues to penetrate through the fence and into my yard. Repeatedly over the years I have paid gardeners to cut back the plant, but it continues to be an ongoing problem. I recently spoke to my neighbor about severely cutting back or removing the plant and installing a root barrier on his side, but he said he is not willing to remove the plant and seems disinclined to do anything to curb its growth. I am installing a new fence on my property (several inches in front of his old fence) and I am concerned that the plant will damage my new fence. What can I do to prevent the neighbor's aggressive plant from invading my yard and destroying my fence? Thank you very much.

Using a cutting shovel and digging out the rhizomes is the best way to remove the plants.
If the plants are spreading you could do this regularly when the plants are dormant.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/bop/bird-of-paradise-an-exotic-flower-like-none-other.htm

00
Here are more questions about Bird Of Paradise Plants