Rubber Tree Plants

Replanting Cutting From Rubber Tree Plant

marriagemary added on October 13, 2016 | Answered

I have a rubber tree plant which had gone up to a skylight, curled round to come back down, supported by the walls of the skylight. I was going to prune it in the spring but it has now collapsed and fallen down so I am about to cut off the bent branch. Can I regrow this two foot cutting in another pot? I have prepared a pot with top soil and compost and have rods to support the cutting but will it grow?

It might grow. But a rubber tree plant is more likely to grow from a cutting successfully if the cutting is smaller, about six inches. Find a portion of the 2 foot piece you have (a side branch if available) and cut a six inch piece of it according to these instructions:

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/rubber-tree/propagation-rubber-tree-plant.htm

00
Here are more questions about Rubber Tree Plants