Fig Tree

Repair Tree Damage

What would be the best solution to repair carpenter bee damage on my 30-year-old fig tree? I had removed the damaged dead branch last year and sprayed the cut with wood seal. The dead branch was full of carpenter bees but I had trimmed close to the trunk til there were no other holes in the tree. Last spring it seemed like overnight the bees entered back into one area of the cut. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and have a great day. Linda Brooks

There is a tar like product that comes in a can called Tree Wound Sealer. I get mine at ACE Hardware here where I live. I use a small putty knife to pack the wound sealer into the holes and then smear some around the entire area as well. It will strongly discourage the return of the culprits and help the tree heal up right.

00
Here are more questions about Fig Tree