Lawn Problems

Re-Planting Flowers/Bushes, Etc

Janet Elliott added on May 19, 2012 | Answered

I live in a trailer court. I have sod on top of clay. What do I have to do in order to re-plant my flowers, bushes, etc. , from my house?

You will want to dig out the sod and down well into the clay soils, about 19 to 20 inches for the bushes. Then you can mix some bagged compost or garden soils and perhaps some bagged top soil as well in with the soils you have taken out. I do this mixing in a wheel barrel until the soils are nicely mixed and uniform. If the clay is to solid to work with, then I would just mix bagged outdoor potting soil or bagged garden soils with some top soil and refill the areas dug out. Then transplant the flowers and bushes into that, water in nicely with some water that has both root stimulator and a product called Super Thrive in it. This will stimulate the roots to get developed and help reduce any shock as well.

I forgot to mention, the first thing to do is to check with the owner of the trailer court and make sure they are okay with where you want to plant things. Also check into where any underground utility lines may be.

00
Here are more questions about Lawn Problems