Poinsettia Plants

Reblooming a Poinsettia

mlcjcc added on October 12, 2016 | Answered

I've read the articles/tips, sorry to say I'm a bit late in undertaking this exercise, but last year's poinsettia has been happily growing on my enclosed, screen patio all summer. It's beautiful! Is it too late? Must I really trim it down to about 6 inches and re-pot? Keeping it dark for 12 hours is not a problem, here in Louisiana nights rarely get below 50 degrees between now and Christmas. Will it be ok to leave it on the patio, or better to bring it inside at night and return it to the patio during the day? Or bring it inside and keep it inside till Christmas when it shows off its beautiful color? This is my first attempt, wish me luck and thanks in advance for the speedy reply. :)

The time of darkness and temperatures are very specific to the reblooming of your Poinsettia.
Unfortunately there is no way to cheat the process.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/poinsettia/how-to-make-poinsettia-turn-red-make-a-poinsettia-rebloom.htm

00
Here are more questions about Poinsettia Plants