Purple Fountain Grass

Purple Fountain Grass

Can purple fountain grass be grown from seed? How do I over-winter fountain grass? I had a plant one year and it did not make it through the winter. I live in northern Nevada, and our winters are sometimes very cold. I tried to use the seed and had no luck with germination. Can you give me any pointers on care?

While there are guarantees, it is certainly possible to overwinter these tender perennials indoors. Be sure to cut it back first, to about 3-4 inches and water well. Then refrain from watering except once a month to prevent the plant from becoming too dry. Once warmer temps return in spring, return it outdoors and give it a boost of fertilizer to stimulate new growth. Hopefully, it will respond favorably.

00
Here are more questions about Purple Fountain Grass