Raspberry Plants

Pruning Red Raspberry Bushes

Tamra added on November 20, 2017 | Answered

I've read all the tips on pruning- however my question relates to bushes that have never been pruned for about 4 yrs. now. We do get raspberries it seems both summer & fall so I'm thinking I should prun them all to the ground now ( November). Would this be correct? Despite my lack of attention, we still get raspberries! & I have a grape stem with a shoot growing out of it in my bathroom window. Since it is November in MI. should I just put it down in my basement so it can go dormant & then plant next spring as It is too late to plant now? Thanks for all your help! Tamra

Although everbearing are a little more forgiving, you may want to prune these in late fall. I would prune them to a foot or so from the ground. Here is an article that will help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/raspberry/pruning-raspberry-bushes.htm

00
Here are more questions about Raspberry Plants