Duranta Plants

Pruning Duranta Erecta

colzie added on April 16, 2015 | Answered

My plant has grown too big for the area it is planted in. It flowers prolifically and I am scared to prune it in case it stops flowering. Should I prune in a specific month or can I do it now, in April?

Duranta should be pruned in late winter or early spring. Minimal pruning is recommended for Durantas. Duranta's bloom on both old and new wood so any pruning you do should not impact the blooms too significantly.

Prune away any dead or damaged branches, old wood that no longer flowers and any overgrowth to maintain the size shrub you desire.

For more information on the care of duranta plants, please visit the following link:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/duranta/care-of-duranta-plants.htm

00
Here are more questions about Duranta Plants