Norfolk Island Pine Trees

Pruning a Sago Palm and Help for Norfolk Island Pine

Should the bottom fronds of a Sago Palm be cut off each year? My Norfolk Island Pine is losing its fronds and has stopped growing. We have had it eight years and was getting top heavy in the small pot so we repotted it a few months ago. I read on one website that it was probably in shock or needed misting. I have been doing that. It is near an east window so gets only morning sun. Can it be saved?

No, you do not need to prune sago palms. They actually do better without being pruned. It likely is shock. A little fertilizer that is high in phosphorous and consistent watering will help, but other than that, it just needs time. Many plants will recover just fine from shock so I would not lose hope for it.

00
Here are more questions about Norfolk Island Pine Trees