Japanese Maple Trees

Pruning a Japanese Maple

I have a branching Japanese Maple tree that I would like to prune and have it grow taller. When do I prune and how? I would hate to damage the tree from cutting in the wrong places.

They usually don't require much pruning. However, in late winter you can thin out branches that cross over other branches or grow toward the middle of the tree. Remove excessive leggy or unsightly growth by cutting just beyond a pair of buds on the twig or branch. Prune only to accentuate the natural shape, and only remove branches and inside growth that obscure the trunk and limb form you desire. Rather than take off too much wood in winter, you can also wait until leaf out in spring to make the finishing cuts for the final shape. Here is more info: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/trees/japanese-maple/japanese-maple-care-pruning.htm

00
Here are more questions about Japanese Maple Trees