Aloe Vera Plants

Problems With My Propagated Aloe Vera Pups

Charlotte Waugh added on February 21, 2018 | Answered

I was given two baby aloe vera plants with no root systems while I was on holiday and coming back I have planted them in cactus potting soil and I didn't water them for a week. I was told the roots would grow eventually. The leaves started to look like they were drooping and have dry patches on them, and after a week the soil was completely dry and crumbly so I watered them but after a couple of days they have dropped more, and I took one out of the pot to discover it hasn't got any roots, so it can't possibly be taking in any water. What is wrong with my plants and how do I fix this?

I have an aloe plant that I can't control. It is constantly sending pups and I am having to constantly get rid of them, as the 8 gallon pot its in is way overcrowded.

The way I propagate all of mine is a really simple method. I will put mine into regular potting soil, watering once pretty good with a mixture of water, honey, and aspirin before setting them in very bright but indirect light. Wait until they are completely dry and water again with plain water. They will sprout in a few weeks.

The mixture I use is made by putting a few drops of honey and a crushed aspirin tab into hot water and stirring until dissolved. Let it cool, and water with it. Viola, you have made your own rooting hormone!

Here are more questions about Aloe Vera Plants