Palm Trees

Potted Palm Tree

My brother in law gave me two dead potted palm trees. I don't think they are completely dead, as both of them have green arms coming out of the middle of the tree. How do I bring these back to life? I was going to put them in a bucket of water for a few days, but I read on a web page that they shouldn't sit in water. Any help would be great, as I've always wanted a potted palm tree and now I have two!! Thank you in advance :)

They really just need plain old fashioned TLC. Yes, they should not be in standing water. Plant roots need to breath and standing water will drown them. Just give it bright light, water when the soil feels dry to the touch on top and fertilize them every few months. They should come back for you just fine.

Here are more questions about Palm Trees