Mulberry Trees

Potted Mulberry Trees

I have beautiful Mulberry trees, but will be moving soon. I hate leaving them since my baby tort absolutely loves the leaves. I don't need a full grown tree and just read that they can be grown in a pot. So can I grow a potted Mulberry tree from a cutting instead of seeds? If so, what & how do I cut? You mentioned a dwarf version. Are these readily available? Or is this what they're called when grown in a pot? Please advise. I'd really appreciate it.

If you have a fruitless (male) mulberry, or if you don't want to collect and germinate seeds from the fruit of your mulberry, you can take cuttings from the tree, or propagate by air layering. Take softwood cuttings in early summer, or semi-ripe cuttings in late summer. (Softwood cuttings are new growth that is still pliable; semi-ripe are those same stems, but by the end of summer are developing bark at the base where they meet the limb.) Cut a stem that's about 12" long, remove the lower leaves, dip the cut end in rooting hormone and place it in the ground or in a pot filled with moistened growing medium. Mulberry should root readily and you'll know roots have developed when new leaves appear along the stem or at the top of the cutting.

Dwarf Mulberry may be suitable for a container tree.

This article has more information.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/trees/fruitless-mulberry/mulberry-tree-in-a-pot.htm

00
Here are more questions about Mulberry Trees