Lemon Trees

Potted Lemon Tree Question

Blake A Reed added on May 3, 2018 | Answered

I've got a meyer lemon tree and have had it for a few years now.. this year.. it's going crazy with growth.. have over 30 lemons growing easily (last couple of years, been about 2-3).. I live in Atlanta, keep the plant indoors in the winter then move outside once warm enough.. Question.. so it's a big plastic pot.. 30" diameter.. I did however put some stuff at the bottom of the pot, plastic bottles etc.. so I didn't fill the whole thing up with soil.. but I have some flowers and a couple little pepper plants that I just transplanted to my garden and noticed the soil is pretty firm.. lots of root growth all over the place.. wondering if I should try and pull the lemon tree out and take out the plastic bottles at the bottom of the pot to let the tree grow a bit better and maybe add some more soil or peate or something else? just seems crowded.. Thanks

A general guideline for repotting is every 3 to 4 years.
This article will help you decide if it's time!
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/lemons/repotting-lemon-trees.htm

00
Here are more questions about Lemon Trees