Open2

Pot Plant Possibly Over Watered

jjw added on June 29, 2017 | Answered

Can I save this pot plant? It was a present given to me only 5 days ago, and looked fine. I don't know what it is... 2 photos are attached. After a couple of days I felt the top of the soil and it seemed very dry, so I watered the plant. Today, the plant looks as if it is dying, many of the flowers, (a deep, rich purple colour, with bright yellow centres and stamens), are dying and the leaves look dull and soft. I have removed the plant from the pot - and saw there was water at the bottom of the pot and that the bottom half of the soil was very wet. I have placed it on some newspaper to dry it out, but don't really know what else, if anything, I can do.

Yes, allow the soil to dry. You will need to wait it out to see if the plant can survive.

This article will refresh you on the care requirements.
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/persian-violet/persian-violet-care.htm

00
Here are more questions about Open2