Portulaca Plants

Portulaca Planting

tdent55@msn.com added on July 8, 2012 | Answered

How many plants can you plant in a planter without smothering them? My planter is 16" across. I think I overdid it. Thanks.

I have several portulaca plants that come up in various places in our rosebeds and flower gardens. Some have come up in areas where I never planted any before too! They are hardy plants and you can thin them out a bit if there are too many in your planter. I can tell you that they seem to love to form big mounds of foliage covered with their vibrant blooms. Unless they are not looking good and having problems, then they are likely just fine and will bloom happily. Here is a link to an article I wrote on these wonderful plants for you too: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/portulaca/portulaca-plants.htm

Stan

00
Here are more questions about Portulaca Plants