Ponytail Palm Trees

Ponytail Palm Tree

Simon added on November 16, 2016 | Answered

In a storm the head of my ponytail palm tree broke off. How can I save him? Can I save him? I mean it is snapped clean off. Now there is a ten foot trunk just sitting there. No pups.

Some gardeners have succeeded in replanting the top of their ponytail palm after it broke off. Place it in moistened, well-drained or cactus potting mix, and see if it roots over the next few weeks.

You can also try to save the base. Cut it back a bit to create a clean cut, and it may decide to put out new foliage.

10
Simon

I don't know how to replay. So I'm hoping this falls in line with the first answer I have revived.

Thank you for the quick response. I have cut the broken trunk flat and I put the top half in a bucket of potting soil. The bucket has lots of drainage hole in it. Going to potting store tomorrow to get better soil. I will let you know if he survivesaid.

00
Here are more questions about Ponytail Palm Trees