Poinsettia Plants

Poinsettia

Anonymous added on December 17, 2014 | Answered

My poinsettias are planted in the ground. They have grown quite while since I planted them last year. Mine are still green but my neighbor's are red. What can I feed mine to make them turn red?

Reblooming a poinsettia can prove difficult, especially outdoors. Poinsettias require 14 hours of uninterrupted darkness every night during the month of October, when flower buds are developing. Any light exposure during any one night can result in a day's delay in your poinsettia's red color. Protect your poinsettia from light starting October 1 to attempt a rebloom. Since it's already December, your plant may not turn at all. That said, you could TRY covering the poinsettia plant each night (with a box turned over top of it - make sure it's large enough) to block out any light. Do this for the remainder of the month and keep checking to see if this helps any with the color.

00
Here are more questions about Poinsettia Plants