Poinsettia Plants

Poinsettia

poppy added on January 8, 2018 | Answered

I have been given a Poinsettia as gift for christmas.Unfortunately some of the leaves are dropping and others are wilting.Can you give me some advise on how to correct this.I thought it was wilting because it was dry but it seems very wet and mould is growing on the soil. Many Thanks Jane

Poinsettia like damp but not wet conditions. If your pot doesn't have drainage holes, that is a problem. Only water when you can wiggle your finger into the soil for a half-inch or so before you reach moisture. Do not soak the plant; this causes root rot. It is demanding as a houseplant, in my opinion. Read more here: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/poinsettia/poinsettia-care-how-do-you-take-care-of-poinsettias.htm

00
Here are more questions about Poinsettia Plants