Plumeria Plants

Plumerias

SallyP added on March 30, 2017 | Answered

I have three plumeria trees which I have grown from sticks. For the last six years, they were doing very well, branching out and flowering. I bring them into my garage for winter, where they have wintered well each year and come back well. Unfortunately this last winter I accidently left my garage door open all night and the temperature dropped to 19 degrees that night. I cut off all the frozen and damaged areas back to the original bases, where they still felt solid. Do you think they will come back, and should I do anything special for them?

You did the right thing by pruning back any portions that were frozen to prevent rot. As long as you protect them from any more cold conditions and avoid overwatering them, they will have the best chance to recover. You will just have to wait and see.

00
Here are more questions about Plumeria Plants