Open2

Plants Are No Longer Blooming

Colo added on July 19, 2016 | Answered

Question pertains to container gardening. Season this year I started the last week in May. I always repot when I buy them. I put brand-new soil in that fertilizes for six months as well as I put them in pots that are far bigger than the plant itself so they have plenty of room to grow. The plants grew wonderfully from that point until sometime last week. Now they all appear to not want to bloom and are looking very scraggly. My question is, what can I do to get them back to blooming or at least looking better than they do now? Also, see attached before and after photos.

What perennials did your plant?

The flowers may last 24 hours, such as Day Lily flowers, or your perennials may bloom for weeks or longer, depending on the plants.

Quite likely your plants have finished their flowering period. Some perennials do bloom more then once in a growing season, but in most cases you will flower once.

It's beneficial to plant a mix of perennials to have flowering throughout the spring into fall.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/fgen/gardening-with-perennials.htm

00
Colo

All of my container plants are annuals, petunia's, lantana, verbena, million bells, nemesia, alyssum, and lobelia. I suspect since we had such an early summer they may be over their blooming period.

00
Here are more questions about Open2