Planting Roses in Fall

I just received 7 potted rose bushes. It is the last day of Sept. and I live in Wis. I am afraid to plant them. Can they be planted outside or can I raise them indoors till spring? They are good size in about 12 -14 inch pots

I personally would go ahead and plant them outside. Place some super phosphate or bone meal in the bottom soils of the planting hole. Water them in with some root stimulator and Super Thrive mixed in with the water. Once a couple good frosts have hit, mound some garden soils up around the canes to a height of 6 to 8 inches, water the mounds lightly to stabilize them and cover the mounds with shredded mulch and water lightly again. Keep an eye on the soils moisture over the winter, especially if a dry winter.

00