Chestnut Trees

Planting Horse Chestnut From Seed

As a child I sat on my roof under a Horse Chestnut tree. When I got married I grabbed a handful of Horse Chestnut seeds and told myself that I would plant them when I bought my first home. After 13 years, I took them out of my jewelry box and placed them in the ground in the fall. The next spring I had 7 trees. I just don't remember how I planted them. There is a small portion of the seed that is light beige or white, and I think that I placed the seed in the ground with that side down. Am I correct? I have 7 brothers and sisters who would now love to have a childhood memory too!

Thank you for sending us your question. The following article(s) should be of some help to you: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/trees/horse-chestnut/how-to-grow-a-horse-chestnut-tree.htm

00
Here are more questions about Chestnut Trees