Calla Lily Plants

Planting Calla Lily Indoors

I have a calla lily bulb and I'm wondering how I should plant it since I'm going to use a container and the fact that it's late summer. I read about letting the plant go dormant for a few months. I'll appreciate any information you can give me.

They normally go into dormancy in the winter. However, ones that are in containers can be forced into dormancy anytime. Stop watering the plant and place it in a cool, dark place for at least 2 months. Then bring it out and start to care for it. It should bloom in 1-2 months after this. They may need more water and light to avoid going into dormancy, or you can just let them go and then enjoy another round of blooms indoors later in the year. This article will help:

Here are more questions about Calla Lily Plants