Plant Recommendations

Plant Advice

dave.arpit added on February 24, 2018 | Answered

Hi! I live in NYC on the 11th floor of an apartment. My place has a staircase that faces south and halfway up the staircase there is a sitting area. The sitting area is exposed ~160 degrees of windows (facing south). I want to fill it with plants that will give some liveliness to the place. During the summer it gets pretty hot in that area. If I had to guess I would say around 8-12 hours of sunlight. most of which is direct on a sunny day. Please let me know what kind of plants would thrive in this area. I have zero experience taking care of plants.

If this area does not get cold, then I would say that you could plant just about anything that is tropical. Native plants will not do well here because they will need a cold period to thrive.

You might try your hand at citrus, or other fruits that will not usually do well in your area.

00
Here are more questions about Plant Recommendations