Dracaena Plants

Plant

Good afternoon: We have a \'corn plant\' (Dracaena fragrans) in which, we sawed up the cane stalk, and were going to use it as the fuel, to grill our meat (versus charcoal, etc). I was told sometime ago, this was done time to time, (Told by some folks on the Florida Panhandle that grilled, even though it is not indigenous to N. America?)...... However, I saw the plant leaves can be poisonous to small pets, etc. Thus, would the cane portion be safe, as the grill fuel, for BBQ`ing our pork, beef, etc? ? (Email to: bean1@mchsi.com)..Thanks!

According to the University of Iowa Health Care, tropical corn plants are safe and not poisonous to humans. Touching the leaves or accidental ingestion typically does not provoke illness or death. Tropical corn plants, however, do contain alkaloids and may cause stomach irritation.
I would advise not consuming.

00
Here are more questions about Dracaena Plants