Muhly Grass Plants

Pink Muhly Grass

lollie17 added on September 17, 2017 | Answered

I bought a "blooming" pink muhly grass last fall and potted it and it's on my deck. This past Spring it grew a LOT of long green blades that hung over the edge of the pot. They did not stand up. They just hung over the edge of the pot. I trimmed all of it back hoping for a better look. But no luck. I've used a small tomato cage to support the blades. Not a great look and not what I was hoping for. Also, there are no blooms at all. I have since read that the plant is drought tolerant and I have moved it to a sunnier location. Is there a chance I'll actually get blooms and become a nice stand up grassy plant? Or have I ruined it? I love the pink cloud look and I love how ornamental grasses move in the breeze. Mine fails on both points.

This particular grass enjoys full sun. The symptoms you are describing resembles that of a lack of sunlight. Here is an article that will help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/foliage/muhly-grass/growing-muhly-grass.htm

00
Here are more questions about Muhly Grass Plants