Pindo Palm Trees

Pindo Palm in Vancouver BC – Yellow Growth ?

rfunk added on January 13, 2018 | Answered

Hello we have noticed our palm has some very yellow growth from the centre, as this is our first year with this plant we are unsure if we need to do something with it or if this is normal. We have heat tape and burlap on it so cold should not have been an issue. We live in Vancouver, just south of Seattle so lots of precipitation.

If it starts to get any lower than -15C than this will cause the damage you are seeing. Even with burlap, it may be just a little too cool for this. If this is not the case, then it could be experiencing an infection. Can you give me more information about the conditions it has been experiencing?

Thanks for your answer Bush Doctor

it hasn't been much colder than -5 or -6 over night and I also have the heat tape wrapped around the pot, trunk and in and around the fronds so I don't think the cold has anything to do with this.

What should I be looking for if this is some sort of infection ? This is my first year with a palm and don't really know anything about them. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks BushDoctor

Here are more questions about Pindo Palm Trees