Dandelion Plants

Pet Safe Dandelion Killer

laucin added on May 1, 2012 | Answered

I live in Bend, Or. , high desert, and my lawn is FULL of dandelions. I have 5 dogs that run free on the lawn. Is there a non-toxic way to kill the dandelions, not harm the grass, and not harm the dogs or birds that may land there? I have been simply picking the buds before blooming for 5 years, but they are prolific!!! Thanks.

Here is an article that you may find helpful: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/special/organic/homemade-pet-friendly-weed-killer.htm

Also, here's a recipe that may help using 1 gallon of white vinegar, 1 lb. table salt, and 8 drops of liquid dish soap. Mix the vinegar and salt in a pan on the stovetop. Bring to a boil so that the salt dissolves into the vinegar. Remove from stove and stir in the dish soap. Allow the mixture to cool. Pour into spray bottle and use a stream setting to aim directly into the middle of the dandelion rosette so that you do not kill the surrounding grass. Dandelions should die within a day and it won't harm your dogs.

00
Here are more questions about Dandelion Plants