Pepper Plant

Peppers

BigRon added on October 8, 2012 | Answered

Its early October in England. I have 20 pepper plants in an unheated greenhouse, with masses of green peppers on them (I have already picked stacks of red). Do I leave them-and for how long- to turn red, or is there a way like tomatoes to pick and store them to turn them red, or do I settle for green anyway?

They will not ripen once picked, but there are a few things you can do to help cheat and get a few more days or even weeks to let the peppers remain on the plants. The first is to cut the plants down, fruit still intact and hang the plants upside down in a garage or someplace cool. This will give you a few more days. You can also place the pots in a bright window, which your greenhouse should provide or move indoors. With the fruit left on, you should have a few weeks before the plants die (though if you remove the fruit, the plant may survive the winter (with heating) and will produce for you early in the season next year).

00
Here are more questions about Pepper Plant