Peony Plant

Peony Blight Care

parttimegardener added on October 15, 2012 | Answered

Shortly after bringing my 3 BEAUTIFUL HUGELY BLOOMING peonies home in June - within a month - flowers stopped and got that white powdery disease (which everyone calls it that, but is there an actual term for it, or is that it: white powdery disease?) Anyway, my Q is: the plant itself is going gangbusters, still growing beautifully, but no flowers at all. The new stuff coming in starts off nice and green but eventually turns white. It's Oct. 15 and I haven't done anything with them. Should I cut them down right to the ground and treat them in the spring? Temps in the high 60s now.  They're all planted in sun/shade with the closest plant 4 or more feet away, so how did they get this blight without being crowded or shaded too much, which everything says is the cause? Could they have had it when I bought them? I'm a novice, so thank you for any help.

This is powdery mildew. This article will help with that:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/peony/powdery-mildew-peonies.htm

Neem oil will also help with this.

00
Here are more questions about Peony Plant