Peony Plant

Peonies

discovernapa@gmail.com added on June 11, 2016 | Answered

I live in American Canyon CA. 94503 North Bay Area - I am in the process of moving and asked my gardening friend who works at a nursery when I could dig up my peonies because I'm in the process of moving. Some of them I have had for over 25 years. He told me that I should dig them up as soon as they bloom. (They are all early bloomers) My questions is about the foliage that is still on the tubers. Should I remove it or just leave it on? Thank You Lillian Wallace

Barbarag

I live in midwest & have a number of different peonies, but have never heard of digging them up to transplant or separate til in the fall or early spring when just starting to peek out of ground. To dig them when in bloom seems to be the worst time. But maybe CA has a different type than here. Good luck. B.G.

00
Here are more questions about Peony Plant