Foxglove Plants

Penstemon Riding Hood

I recently purchased my Penstemon from one of the local big box stores in my area. Once I planted this beautiful specimen it bloomed and bloomed for about 2 weeks. Then it slowly stopped blooming after that 2 week period and there are just a few flowers left. The flower heads and branches have turned brown but the stalks are still green and look healthy. I have been online looking for answers as to what went wrong? I have been trying to find also if I need to cut back the stalks and maybe new growth will appear? I'm not sure what to do? I thought that these perennials were supposed to bloom until fall? It is the end of June? Please help!

It appears that your plants are growing quite well, and your flower spikes have reached maturity. You can leave the flower spikes to go to seed or remove them from the plant to encourage more blooms if your lucky.

Here is an article that will refresh you on this perennial and it's care requirements.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/penstemon/penstemon-beard-tongue.htm

00
Here are more questions about Foxglove Plants