Peach Trees

Peach Tree Care

This is the 3rd year for our peach tree. I looks real healthy with nice green leaves and visible fruit about the size of a ping pong ball. However, now starts the problem. The leaves turn a pale yellow and fall off the tree. Last year when this happened all the fruit eventually fell off. I have driven 3 fertilizer spikes into the ground only about 3 ft. from the trunk. These spikes are designed to be used for citrus and all fruit trees. I am beginning to suspect that the lawn care company is spraying my lawn in the spring too close to my peach tree. They spray with fertizer and weed control. Could this be causing my leaves to fall off?

How often are you watering? Trees need significant amounts of water their first year. I would recommend increasing watering, as it is either a watering issue or a nutrient issue. Make sure the tree is getting water daily, twice a day in temps over 85 F. And give it slow release (balanced) fertilizer that will continually feed it. This article should also help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/peach/fertilizing-peach-trees.htm

00
Here are more questions about Peach Trees