Peach Trees

Peach Tree

trishmp59 added on June 18, 2011 | Answered

I have a 3-year-old tree. It had lots of small peaches. My daughter told me to prune it into a bowl. That was a week ago, and now the leaves are turning yellow and they are falling off. At the bottom of the tree, I have some sap. What should I do?

If you pruned while it was in fruit, it may have stressed the tree and made it more susceptible to disease or pests. In the future, prune your peach tree after you have harvested the fruit. This article will help you with pruning: http://wilkes.ces.ncsu.edu/files/library/97/How%20to%20Prune%20Peach%20Trees-4.pdf

I would recommend treating the tree with both a fungicide and a pesticide, to take care of any possible issues. Neem oil is both a fungicide and a pesticide. It is often sold as "Fruit Tree Spray" and would be good for treating your tree.

00
Here are more questions about Peach Trees