Peace Lily Plants

Peace Lily Repotting

Amadeo added on May 21, 2016 | Answered

I want to repot my Peace Lily. I have found some information about it in this article https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/peace-lily/peace-lily-plants.htm but it's still left me with some questions. It would be wonderful if someone could give me appropriate advice please: In this article, I need to use peat based compost with bark, perlite and loam. Should it be some particular peat based compost? And should I add the bark and the rest of stuff separately, and which exactly kind of bark and perlite do I need? I also don't really know what is loam, and should I use it as well? And also, if I need to mix all of this separately, then in which proportion should I do it? And I also heard that you need some stones on the bottom of the pot when repotting the Peace Lily. I also would be interested to know how to do this! :)

heather

To make things easy, what you can do is mix equal parts orchid potting medium and regular potting soil. These two types of potting mediums, which are readily available at most garden centers and hardware stores, will have all of the ingredients needed for good potting soil for peach lilies.

A layer of rocks at the bottom of the pot can help with drainage but they are not necessary, especially if you use the potting medium described above.

10
Here are more questions about Peace Lily Plants